I need to build a MPLS cloud for something. Thought I’d invite you along for the fun in the lab. Party on!
Ultimately what I want to do is have a multicast source up in the upper left in Headquarters and multicast receivers down in Site11 and Site 12 joining those groups.
For this blog series that will mean 6 blogs
Part 1: Create the MPLS Cloud
Create the MPLS cloud and prep it for MPLS L3VPN Unicast for One L3VPN Customer
- OSPF area 0
- MPLS LDP neighbors between the PEs and the P
- BGP VPNv4 peers from all PEs to the VPNv4 Route Reflector
Part 2: Connect the Customer
- Configure physical interfaces towards Headquarters (Mozzarella) and Site 11 (String) to be in vrf customerA and to have IP addresses.
- In the BGP IPv4 VRF address family for vrf customer A configure PE1 (Cheddar) to neighbor with Mozzarella and PE3 (Feta) to neighbor with String.
- Mozzarella and String should already have a BGP peering configured and be advertising 10.1/16 (Headquarters/Mozzarella) and 10.11/16 (Site 11/String)
- Have fun checking out the vpnv4 labels and the ldp labels and “following the label switch path” that should be taken
- Send unicast traffic between HQ and String
- Have fun looking at show commands and sniffer traces. 🙂
Next parts? 🙂 I’m not sure how many blogs it will be. So once I’m fully done with the series I will come back and update this. We will need to
- Configure the cloud to support mVPN
- Configure Headquarters and Site 11 to support ASM (any source multicast)
- Get the multicast working