For “basic” multicast I have always found that >70% of the problems I troubleshoot end up being the same things over and over and over again.
- Missing “trigger” to “pull” the multicast down to the receiver
- Multicast Distribution Tree (MDT) not built cause router doesn’t know
- WHO the root of the MDT is
- WHERE the root of the MDT is
- WHAT is the PIM RPF Neighbor toward the root of the MDT
Thank you, vBrownBag for asking me to present this. 🙂 It was lots of fun
Looking for more Troubleshooting Multicast? CiscoLive On Demand Library is completely free.